Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Back strap birkenstock sandle??

Posted by char B on 5/10/04 at 18:07 (150347)

I have PF really bad, am looking at buying a birkenstock sandle, should I go with a back strap sandle (Milano style) wouldn't that give me more support, however I have done research where most posteing on the site say the Arizona is number 1, what do you think. How long will it take to order from the Euro site?

Re: Back strap birkenstock sandle??

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/10/04 at 19:17 (150360)

char:
Much of the differences in Birks in in style as opposed to function. The newer styles with removable footbeds such as the Kansas and Nebraska give one th big advantage of modifiability of the footbed.
Ed

Suzanne D. on 5/10/04 at 19:45 (150366)

Char, I have never tried on a pair of Birks with the backstrap, so I can't advise you about that.

I can tell you about ordering from the German site at http://www.gobuyeurope.com as I have ordered from there. Here is an explanation copied from their site:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Economy mail (airmail/surface) is free of charge and takes approx. 4-8 weeks. The average shipping time currently is 5 weeks.

Airmail costs about 16,63 EURO for one pair and takes approx. 10-14 days. If you order more than one pair your shipping costs will decline dependend on the weight. The price is automatically calculated by our online shop. A drop down menu will show you all shipping options with prices during checkout.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will tell you that I have used the free ground shipping on two different orders, and the shoes came in three weeks both times.

I hope this helps.
Suzanne :)

char B on 5/11/04 at 08:33 (150388)

Help
On QVC they have a sandle 'Doublestrap comfort slide birkenstock' $59.99 - man made upper, this sandle looks just like the Arizona, however it doesn't call it Arizona, would this be the same as a Arizona? I want the best quality sandle for my bad PF feet, just was wondering what I should do????????????????
Maybe I should just order from the euro site and be sure I'm getting what I want, I'm taking all you posters advice and ordering the Arizona instead of the back strap Milano.
Thanks

Shell D. on 5/11/04 at 09:29 (150393)

I recently ordered the Arizonas from a site called Sandles 4 Less and they arrived in only 2 days! I was really impressed.