Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS and Muscle Loss

Posted by Richard A. on 5/10/04 at 19:50 (150367)

I am going in to have an eval and initial PT this week after the ortho podiatrist diagnosed me with TTS. I have notice that my calf muscle on the ankle with TTS is noticeably smaller than the opposite. I also notice that I cannot flex this calf muscle nearly as much as I can with the other. Is anyone else expericing the same?

I am truly glad after twenty years and two radical ankle operations that I have this diagnosed and hopefully can minimize the pain, and decreased calf muscle performance.

Re: TTS and Muscle Loss

Christine S on 5/11/04 at 01:08 (150384)

My feet atrophyned Spelling, sorry) very shortly after I was diagnosed with TTS and I have only recently started to develope some muscles in my feet again. I also have very tight calves and have to stretch them out two or three times a day. Physical Therapy will help you to be able to do that too. Good Luck, Chris S.

Re: TTS and Muscle Loss

marie on 5/11/04 at 20:45 (150443)

I didn't have muscle wasting or atrophy but my legs got mushy. I had such a difficult time doing any exercise. I found if I go reeeeeely slow I improved. I did light leg lifts and kicked around in the water while I was holding on to a float. It was a start and I have tried to keep up my routine but have gotten a little lazy lately. I need to get back into it but have been so busy.......

good luck...hope that helps.

marie