Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Improvement more apparent....

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 5/13/04 at 20:20 (150547)

I write to say that my SDOs were adjusted in April (1st adjustment) & since they've returned, I've not taken any NSAIDS & have begun to skip my amniotryptoline....& I am more active than ever! I have been to Walmart doing the much before dreaded walk around the store! I have been riding my horse 6 times weekly & have been biking about 12 miles weekly....Shoes? I wear my Brooks Ariels still w/ my SDOs when biking; I wear my Ariat Cascade Boots w/ my SDOs in the barn & when I am going to be on rough terrain; & I wear Birks in the house or my Isotoner Slippers w/ my SDOs.....as Dr. Kiper has recommended. Anyway - I am better than I've ever been in the past 3 years w/ PF & my extra activities are making me feel like I've acquired some of my old life back! Sitting here in my Arizonas as I type!

Re: Improvement more apparent....

Kathy G on 5/14/04 at 08:51 (150569)

That is wonderful news! I can remember when you wondered if you were ever going to be able to ride on a regular basis again. I'm so glad your SDOs have worked out so well for you! May it continue!

RACHAEL T. on 5/14/04 at 21:20 (150612)

Thanks Kathy - I am somewhat 'apprehensive' about this newfound foot health....& of course, soooo hopeful that I can maintain it & not regress. I do believe though, that my daily life has improved immensely & that the SDOs have been helpful in my healing along w/ Birks - & of course, not being on my feet so much for the past 3 years of this PF plague. Thank you for your kind words & hopeful wishes too! I shall probably have a bad day or so - but truly, the past few months, when I had bad days - they weren't like before...& that is a good sign! I continue though, to be cautious as I don't want to return to where I was at the peak of this PF which happened probably when I was into PF for 1 year. Three years now of it, & I finally feel like it is managed....I cannot wait to say it is more behind me like Carole C has been doing -- sounds like she is really doing well too! Hope you & others join that happier feet syndrome!!

Carole C in NOLA on 5/14/04 at 21:23 (150613)

(wiggling my happy toes and pain free, happy feet)

Rachael, I hope you will have happy feet syndrome again soon! I think you may, because I know you are persistent in trying different treatments and I think you will not give up. Here's to happy feet for all readers of this message board. :D

Carole C

Suzanne D. on 5/15/04 at 08:05 (150624)

I agree! And, Rachael, I am so glad you are doing very well these days. May this trend continue!

Suzanne :)