Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orthodics haven't worked

Posted by Jo B. on 5/14/04 at 19:56 (150608)

Hi, I haven't written in a while, but I've been reading regularly. I've been wearing the new orthodics for about a month now & it hasn't helped a bit. I go back to the doctor Tuesday. I have the feeling that he's going to give me Cortizone shots next.

I got a copy of my NCV test, it was positive. The results were: Abnormal study. Mildly prolonged lateral plantar latency suggests impingement at the tarsal tunnel or local compression along the course of the lateral plantar branch bilaterally.

ENGLISH TRANSLATION: OUCH!

Any way, I've been pretty miserable. My neck is causing me trouble also. I herniated a disk 2 & 1/2 years ago and it's never healed correctly. I've had 2 rounds of Cortizone shots in it. Monday, May 24th I have to have a procedure on it called a radiofrequency procedure. Hopefully stop the nerve pain in my neck, shoulder, & down my right arm.

One good thing though, because of my neck I'm back on neurontin and it's helped a little. Well, at least I'm not dead, hurts too darn much to be! ;~)

I hope everyone else is coping well. Talk to you later. - Jo

Re: Orthodics haven't worked

LARA on 5/18/04 at 09:23 (150744)

Don't remember if I've posted to you before. If you don't know the cause of your TTS, compression socks can be helpful. They're easy to try.