Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

possible TTS

Posted by Scott S on 5/14/04 at 21:24 (150614)

Hi, I has surgury to remove bone spurs from the top of my ankle on 11/15/02. Immediatly after the surgury I had RSD type symptoms (burning on the bottom of the foot and the pins and needles sensation). I feel as if the posterier tibular nerve was damaged by the nerve block of that surgury. I have had nerve block to rule out RSD, but I still have some of the symptoms. I have recently had a EMG and my neurologist thinks that I have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and has recomended surgury (unfortunately I am having trouble finding a DR in Colorado that has performed this surgury more than a handful of times). I have already tried rest, ice, hot, and casting (none of which has worked). I am currently taking 600mg neurontin 3xday, 0.1mg clonidine 2xday and 600mg ibuprofin 3xday. The medication does not seem to help much (I do notice when I am NOT taking it).
I guess my question is: Do you think my Posterier tibular nerve could have been damaged by a nerve block and could that have caused TTS? If so, do you think that the surgury would benifit me? I know that I did not get TTS the normal route, but am wondering if this is my next step. Tommorow will be 18 months of hell.
Thank you for any input.