Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel rupture

Posted by Erica on 5/16/04 at 21:15 (150682)

I have had heel pain since Nov. Marh 1st I decided to get a coritsone shot
I was running in 10 days. It came back 4 weeks later. I rested for 1 month
started running again. I would take days off then try to run always with some pain. Today I ran and my foot seemed to be swollen along the bottom
of my foot. I had to stop and walk.... while I was walking I felt a weird
sensation like a rip or tear now I am very swollen and in some pain.
When I walk it feels like I have a lump on the bottom of my foot. I was wondering if I could have ruptured that area.I will make an appt with a sports podiatrist soon. How long is the recovery for this kind of injury?

Re: heel rupture

theresa g on 5/20/04 at 16:36 (150918)

I had plantar fasciitis and heel spur in my right foot and had the injection, with much relief for 6 weeks. On the very next day after the 6 weeks, my plantar fascia ruptured. I heard it snap and couldn't bear weight on that foot at all. After 4 months of babying it with a cam-boot, I had to have the surgery, plantar fascia release. It was a long recovery due to having the foot in a 'cast' for 4 months before the surgery. Hope you get better sooner and without surgery.

Re: heel rupture

Erica on 5/20/04 at 17:31 (150921)

I did not rupture my fascia thank God the sports podiatrist I went to said
I did tear a tendon,I would have been all black and blue had it ruptured.
He didn't tell me how long it would take to heal. I am in a removable cast
for 3 weeks only pool running now, no stairmaster or bike at all. I am going crazy although the pool run was good I just hate the water. I should be thankful to at least exercise. Thanks for your reply.