Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Severe pain and swelling near left ankle bone

Posted by Karen P. on 5/17/04 at 11:18 (150702)

HELP!! I just found this site and am hoping someone out there will be able to help me! I've been seeing my orthopaedic surgeon for years now and have good orthodics. I just had an osteotomy on both feet last year. Now, I'm experiencing something totally different.

Such severe pain and swelling of my left ankle -- near the outside bone (the ball bone). When I saw another doctor in my docs office last week, he told me he didnt know what to do with it. he took xrays and thinks i have some space between my bones which could be a casue?! He put my foot in a boot and I follow up with my doc tomorrow. I'm afraid he's going to do another cortisone shot which hasnt gotten rid of the pain -- seems to only mask it.

I can hardly walk -- the boot has helped but i am not going to live with this boot forever! Sometimes i will experience no pain at all and then it's as if something 'tweeks' or moves and then thats it -- pain beyond belief! I'm to the point i'd rather have my feet cut off!

If anyone out there can help, I'd be greatful!!!!!