Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fascia release surgery

Posted by Kristie on 5/18/04 at 18:12 (150783)

I had Plantar Fascia relase surgery last week. Everything feels good. I had my feet elevated a lot becasue of swealing. Is ther anything I should be doing post care?

Re: Plantar Fascia release surgery / both feet?

BudP on 5/19/04 at 20:25 (150885)

Kristie,
It's been 6 months for me and I feel great. Did you have EPF surgery on both feet at same time?

Bud

Kristie on 5/20/04 at 08:58 (150897)

No just the right foot. Thought I'm afraid that I'm going to need it on the other foot sometime.I hope the left foot will get better when I'm not putting that much pressure on it. I just couldn't imaginge getting around with both feet in a cast.

BudP on 5/21/04 at 08:16 (150943)

Kristie,
Good luck. I'm very happy I had my surgery. I put it off as long as I could. I used the cross trainer yesterday for the first time in 12 months. Still no PF pain,I'm just gonna take it slow and pray it doesn't come back.Let me know how the surgery goes.

Bud

Kristie on 5/21/04 at 08:52 (150944)

Bud,

Wow! I'm so happy to read that your able to excersise again and on a cross trainner no less. I'm glad to read that your doing so weel. I hope to join you club of sussesful PF surviors. Did you have the surgery on both feet or one?