Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

GOOD MORNING my TTS

Posted by Sun on 5/19/04 at 10:23 (150834)

Good Morning, How is everyone doing? Well I'm feeling better now that I know that I'm not the only one dealing with TTS and trying to adjust to my new life. I have read alot of your post about TTS. Its amazing how we found out what was wrong with us. Alot of people in here have waited for years before having the surgery. I have only had TTS for about a year. The way I injured my foot is different. I fell at work almost 1 year. I went to my manager and she would not allow me to go home. I was unable to walk at first then I have never walked the same or as long. I went to so many Doctors and who could not figure out what was wrong. I finally found a great Doctor who Intern 4 years for TTS and knows what he is doing. I receieved surgery last week and I'm feeling worse, from what I have read its normal, but still hopefull. My Dr. found alot of scar tissue and the nerves were over compensated and stretch.
I'm realizing my new life will not be the same nor will I live the same lifestyle, but its not the end of the world yet. If you talked to me yesterday I cried on and off from the emotions. Well anyways today new day for me, who knows what tomorrow brings. My toes will still not bend and the calf hurts so bad. I have more hot and buring sensations and numbness were I did not have it before, IS THIS NORMAL?
I hope everyone has a great day?

I hope to hear how others felt after the surgery.

Re: GOOD MORNING my TTS

mary l on 5/19/04 at 10:56 (150837)

I had surgery on March 23rd. Until a week ago I felt that I would never feel better. Finally I can move the last 3 toes on my left foot. I did go back on Neurontin and maybe that is why I have less pain. I still have numbness but that has improved slightly. I never wore sneakers and now do even around the house (always went barefoot) and that seems to help with the pain and of course the added support. Therapy has helped. I am a pharmacist who stands all day. I now feel that I can go back to work soon, but I am considering working the night shifts to be able to sit down more. It still is very hard for me to come to grips that my old life of on the go all the time may be over. I am glad I had the surgery.

Re: GOOD MORNING my TTS

Mike on 5/19/04 at 12:22 (150842)

Hi Sun,

If you did not have pain in your calf before the surgery, please talk to your Dr about it asap. I had extreme pain in my calf after my surgery, which I never had prior, my Dr sent me in for testing and found out it was a blood clot which can be dangerous.

Dont mean to scare you, just think you should have it checked to rule it out.

Mine hurt especially when I stood up, felt like really a bad muscle cramp.

Good Luck!