Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John - my therapist

Posted by Terri on 5/19/04 at 21:37 (150887)

Hi John. Glad to see you posting more here. How have you been doing lately?

You asked a loaded question there, about my therapist/trainer. All I can say is just when I thought things were getting so bad, and only 2 weeks ago, I've had almost a total turn around. I was doing my workout with my trainer, Mike, he had me doing these calf presses on the weight sled and all of a sudden I felt this tightness just release. Since then I've been almost totally pain free. I'm thinking the scar tissue the dr found on the MRI that had built up after the surgery broke loose or something, heck I really have no idea what happened, just thankful it did. I work with Mike 2x's a week and do my own program 3 - 4 days/week, but Mike always has me do those calf presses and they've been hard because you really have to hyper-extend your foot back then push up with the ball of your foot. He has me do a set of 10, increases the weight, another set of 10, another increase in weight, then do whatever I can get with that. Usually only 6 more. He has me do other foot/ankle exercises as well, but that's the one I was doing when I felt something give. It wasn't painful at all, more of a relief like when you have to crack a knuckle that won't give, then it does.

I've been reluctant to discuss this because I'm afraid I'm gonna jinx myself or something, stupid...I know, but this is such a goofy strange journey I've been on with so many changes happening so fast, I just don't know what's going to happen next. Who knows, next week I might be all bound up again and right back to where I was but I'm sure going to enjoy it while it lasts! I've also started massaging the area as described to me here and maybe that's helped too.

Gotta run now to catch the last part of The Bachelor. Write and let us know how you're doing and what you've been up to.

Re: John - my therapist

lauriel on 5/24/04 at 11:48 (151115)

Terri thats great news, I know what you mean about jinxing yourself I used to do a lot, I would post here how great I am doing and then the next day I would do something to hurt it.

It does sound like something broke loose and because, it has been so soon since your surgery, the scar tissue wasnt to the permanent stage yet,

good luck