Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by john h on 5/20/04 at 09:13 (150901)

I was at the local athletic club yesterday in the whirlpool. Houston Nutt who is the head coach of the University of Arkansas Football team came in and placed his foot under a water jet. I asked him what his problem was and he said he had a heel spur and it was causing him some grief. He said he might have the spur removed. I told him that most Doctors say the spur is merely a symptom and normally did not remove them. He was not familar with ESWT, taping, or night splints. I advised him to vist our board before his PF got out of control. I had just seen him playing basketball in the gym. As he has some real experts on his staff to tape and who probably keep night splints around so he would not have to go far to get some help. Hopefully he will show up on our board. He is sort of state hero having been a star in football and basketball in highschool and college and now back at the University as Head Coach. His father was a coach for the Arkansas School for the Deaf.

Re: PF

Kathy G on 5/20/04 at 09:54 (150906)

That's so cool, John! Not that he has PF or is in pain but that a real, honest to goodness, sports hero may be lurking on these boards. I have to admit that I'm not familiar with him but that's because I don't follow college football very closely. I watch some of the playoffs and bowls and I'm familiar with a few of the players around the time of the draft. My son says I'm not a true football fan because all of the professionals come from the college level.

Re: For the Coach

Richard, C.Ped on 5/20/04 at 11:51 (150908)

Hi Coach,
Arkansas will play at South Carolina November 6th. Feel free to come by to have orthotics made.

Can't hurt to ask.

Re: PF

Bob G on 5/20/04 at 23:22 (150939)

Great, John, that you suggested this pf board. It could significantly change his life.

If I had done removal of my spur I might now be disabled instead of jogging every morning on the beach.

This board is a source of information as well as support.