Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HELP SELECTING A NEUROLOGIST

Posted by Vern S. on 5/21/04 at 09:57 (150947)

My Pod recommends I see a neurologist to determine if my pain is peripheral neuropathy, or related.
Neurologists in San Francisco are booked out a couple months ahead. Would appreciate any advise on how to select one good with feet, versus backs, epilepsy, etc. Or, are they jacks of all trade, and it does not matter which one? Tried a few phone calls and even the receptionists are too much of prima donas to directly respond to questions. Thanks.

Re: HELP SELECTING A NEUROLOGIST

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/22/04 at 01:55 (151013)

Vern:
Just curious -- why did your podiatrist not make the appointment for you. One advantage of doing so is the possibility of him/her getting you in faster as there may be working relationship already established.
ED

Vern S. on 5/24/04 at 09:55 (151103)

The Podiatrist just said to have my primary care physician arrange the appointment. I figured your profession has some code they follow.
But today, I will call the Podiatrist's office and ask them for help.
Thanks for your reply.

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/24/04 at 17:49 (151147)

Vern:
No specific code. Everyone does it a bit differently but direct referrals are usually helpful since the person doing the referring introduces the patient to the new doctor and provides useful background information when possible.
Ed