Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SURGERY ON BOTH FEET

Posted by Dee C on 5/22/04 at 13:20 (151035)

Has anyone had surgery performed on both feet the same time? I am to have a Tailor's bunion removed on right foot; and a heel spur removed (from an incision in side of heel) from my left foot. Is this going to be a manageable recovery??

Re: SURGERY ON BOTH FEET

Pauline on 5/23/04 at 12:25 (151075)

Dee,
There are people that have posted following surgeries on both feet. Hopefully someone will respond to your post. If not you can always do a search on the surgery board to see some of their responses, questions etc.

Gwen A. on 5/27/04 at 07:13 (151357)

Hi Dee,

I just had surgery on both feet myself six weeks ago. I had bunions removed and hammertoe correction on both baby toes. Now my baby toes look more like my big toes! The swelling just won't go down!

Gwen A. on 5/28/04 at 13:36 (151492)

What can be done?

Dee C on 6/03/04 at 19:40 (151950)

I wonder. Must be hard to fit shoes. Well, I had my surgery last week; and we shall see. I am getting along on a walker but of course it hurts. I have vicodin if I need it but today am going without. Have stitches out next Tuesday. Hope someone answers your question and your swelling gets better.

Kristie on 6/07/04 at 09:45 (152209)

I just had PF release surgery on May 7th. My PT recomened that I lie with my feet about my heart twice a day for thirty minutes and move my ankles. It is supposted to help the swelling and it has been working. The more I use my feet, wheather rotating my ankles, or flexing my feet, the more the swellin ggoes down. It like pumming the blood back into the heart. Good luck.

Dee C on 6/10/04 at 15:24 (152679)

Did you have the surgery on both feet? It's been 2 two weeks about now and the pf release surgery is still painful on bottom of heel when I walk. Tailor bunion surgery is painful in different areas of my foot. Will try your 'exercize'. When did you get in 'real' shoes and what type do you wear?