Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie's book

Posted by Dorothy on 5/24/04 at 17:08 (151139)

Julie ~ Is your new book out yet??

Re: Julie's book

Julie on 5/25/04 at 01:38 (151172)

Not yet, Dorothy. It's still in the press: a few weeks ago it was told 'probably mid-May', so barring delays it should be soon, but as the last delay was due to the demise of the printer I'm not banking on it. I'll let you know when I have a copy in my hands - by then it should be available on line. Thanks for asking: I appreciate your interest.

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/25/04 at 12:57 (151204)

Julie:
Don't keep us is suspense -- tell us more...
Ed

Re: Julie's book ps

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/25/04 at 14:09 (151216)

Julie:
If you get a chance, please take a look at the 'shoe and orthotic' board. A poster, Elyse, is in need of significant stretching but states that she and Yoga 'don't get along.' My guess is that she just had inadequate instruction...
Ed

Julie on 5/26/04 at 01:59 (151261)

Ed

The book is called 'The Healing Power of Yoga'. It grew out of the work I have done with cancer patients since my own experience of breast cancer ten years ago.

I've spoken to Elyse on the shoe board - thanks for calling my attention to her post.

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/26/04 at 14:30 (151326)

Julie:
Thank you. Who is publishing it? When will it be available?
Hope there is some material devoted to the lower extremity-- I have a lot of patients with tight gastrosoleus-achilles-hamstring sproblems and PT benefits are getting tight with insurance cutbacks. I need resources I can refer patients to so they can get the results themselves often.
Ed

Julie on 5/26/04 at 15:49 (151330)

Ed, it's being published in India, by New Age Books, the sister firm of the firm Motilal Banarsidass, who do my Office Yoga. They are also republishing A Visible Wound. I hope that both will be available very soon, but they've had problems, as I told Dorothy, owing to the death of their head printer, and all their books have been delayed. It's not a book of exercises: its focus is primarily on how breathing, relaxation and meditation can help people deal wth life's major challenges and crises. But it does contain a chapter on simple movements, and this includes the Pawanmuktasana series of which the foot and ankle yoga exercises are a part. If you've looked at them here at heelspurs, and think they might be useful to your patients, you can refer them to them here and now - and they won't need to buy a book.