Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF & TTS Specialist in CT?

Posted by Sandy B on 5/25/04 at 12:31 (151202)

Can you refer me to a specialist in Connecticut? I have been 2 podiatrist and got conflicting diagnosis.

Re: PF & TTS Specialist in CT?

Dean Daeoperson on 5/25/04 at 18:46 (151249)


Go to http://www.Footcaremd.com and you will find orthopaedic foot and ankle specialists who specialize in the foot and ankle and have more experience and longer schooling than a podiatrist.

Re: PF & TTS Specialist in CT?

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/26/04 at 20:08 (151344)


The last time I looked, MD school was 4 years long and DPM school 4 years long. Most podiatric residencies are 2 to 3 years now. Most orthpoedic foot and ankle fellowships are a year. So you are incorrect about schooling.

As far as 'experience,' that depends on the individual. Are your trying to say that everyone on the site you are recommending has been treating feet longer than the average podiatrist? I doubt it. Podiatrists have been treating foot problems long before a foot and ankle MD subspecialty existed.

Go to http://www.acfas.org to find those who are REALLY qualified to treat foot problems.

Re: PF & TTS Specialist in CT?

Dr. Z on 5/26/04 at 20:23 (151345)

Since I see both our names there I agree with your conclusion as to which profession offers more training in foot and ankle medical and surgical care.