Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS questions

Posted by Scott S on 5/29/04 at 01:56 (151522)

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with tarsal tunnel syndrome by a nuerologist and podiatrist. A little background: 18 months ago I had a routine surgury on my right ankle, during that surgury, I think my posterier tibular nerve was damaged by the nerve block (my thought s not necessarily the Drs.) I have had Bone scans, MRIs, sympathetic nerve blocks, all to try to figure out what was wrong. I take 600mg 3xday of nuerontin and 0.1 mg 2xday of clonidine for the pain. I recently had an EMG and that is when it was determined that I had TTS.
I was wondering if anyone else had anything similar and if anyone knew if they could repair a damaged nerve during the TTS surgury?
Thanks.

Re: TTS questions

Terri on 6/01/04 at 20:08 (151743)

Scott, all this is above me. Sounds like a good question for the dr's that post here.

Scott S on 6/04/04 at 08:16 (151993)

thanks for responding. I hope one of them stumbles accross this post.

Dorothy on 6/04/04 at 20:37 (152059)

Scott S - Since you haven't yet had a response from the doctors, maybe you should re-post this to the 'Ask the Foot Doctors' section...?? Good luck.

Scott S on 6/05/04 at 03:10 (152070)

I tried a much more in detail post there three weeks ago. No luck. I guess I will just keep waiting a hoping that one of the doctors stumbles accross the post.

lee s on 6/07/04 at 17:59 (152279)

i was first diagnosed with plantar fashia and had surgury but found out since that my real problem was tarsal tunnel in both feet. i found
the institute for peripheral nerve surgery headed by dr a.lee dellon md
his web site is http://www.dellon.com .
they are the best check them out i reciendly had tarsal tunnel release and
if any body can help you it would be them.