Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to Julie

Posted by Dorothy on 6/01/04 at 23:33 (151756)

Well, Julie, since Carlos calls you a living legend and asks only you specific questions, may I say that there are probably many here who will be interested in your response to his question about dealing with stress and the body. Have you taken a look at the link that Aimee posted here for Darlene Dohen's website?? It's a very nice place and one that has a few of her Dharma talks - and maybe Carlos would find that useful. There is a very nice book on Yoga and Depression that he and others might find useful by Amy Weintraub. Probably the best releaser of stress and the chemicals/hormones that build up in our bodies along with the stress, as well as the restricting of blood flow that stress reactions cause is vigorous exercise - things that make us sweat and breathe hard. Our bodies really NEED it. With these physical problems like PF that interfere with it, many negative states build up - like those stress chemicals/restricted blood flow, depression, sleep disturbance, etc. Anyway, Julie, if you haven't seen the Darlene Cohen site, you might want to take a look at it and see if you think that would be a good place to recommend to Carlos, eh? I think Aimee did a sweet service by providing that link.

Re: to Julie

Julie on 6/02/04 at 02:08 (151759)

I didn't see Aimee's post, so thank you for bringing this up, Dorothy. I've now looked at Darlene Cohen's website, and I do think it is good, particularly the extracts from the Dharma talks. Here is the link, for Carlos and anyone else who is interested: http://www.darlenecohen.net .

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/04/04 at 18:37 (152044)

Julie:
Interesting information on the Buddhist view of sex! So different than the Judeo-Christian point of view.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/04/04 at 18:46 (152046)

Not that the rest wasn't interesting -- just something that we think about a bit more than we like to admit...
Ed