Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis and ankle pain

Posted by robyn b on 6/04/04 at 09:53 (151997)

I have been treating my plantar fasciitis for about 6 months or longer(feels longer!) and things are improving... good shoes, good support in them (superfeet orthoditics) a night splint, ice & gentle massage. problem... ? this past couple of days a new problem has shown up-- pain in the inside of my ankle-- right behind the ankle bone. it feels brusied whether i touch it or not. this just showed up a couple of days ago and nothing seems to relieve it -- except while i am sleeping. From reading all the info here, i think it is what you call tarsel tunnel syndrome.. so any additional info you can share with me about treatment for that would be so appreciated.thank you.

Re: plantar fasciitis and ankle pain

SteveG on 6/04/04 at 10:39 (152003)

Robyn - I am not a doctor, but it sounds like it could be Post-Tib Tendonitis. I too have had some pain on the inside of my ankle, and I have read that this is often seen along with PF. Since TTS, on the other hand, is a form of nerve entrapment, you would see neurological symptoms - burning, numbness, etc. Do a search on the web for Post-Tib Tendonitis