Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pls read this/Haven't posted in awhile/talk abt Z-COILS

Posted by KELUS on 6/04/04 at 14:53 (152026)

Hi ya'll, please read all of this..I know it is long, but I would really like to share this with ya'll....

I am not sure that any of you remember me. (Kelus)
I used to post here all the time, and was in terrible
pain due to heal spurs and PF.

Basically, the past 7 years of having this affliction has
made me a miserable human being. I have went from a very active
athlete to a obese, handicapped pathetic blob.

I used to be one of the 'well known hometown athletes' in which I was well known especially as a great softball player. I am a state champion, many first place trophies and I have several MVP trophies.

I have gained about 105 pounds too, and went from a petite pretty
lady who had lots of friends, and never had a lack of men doing 'double-takes'.....to a short,fat, scarey looking human being, without many friends and absolutely Zero dates.

I basically gave up on walking at all due to the foot pain.
The only time I was on my feet was when I went to work, which I had to do due to being a single mother. I moved as little as I possibly had to.

Work was miserable, and I take many pain pills and muscle relaxers just to get through my 9 hour days.

I truly missed out on doing the fun things with my little son.
It is a terrible thing not to be able to enjoy your children's young years, because you can never get them back.

Honestly, if it hadn't been for my son, I probably would have 'layed it down' a long time ago and tried to draw disablity, or maybe ended my life, who knows?

If I could have found a doctor who would have CUT MY FEET OFF I would have gladly had it done.

ANYWAY, about a month or so ago, I purchased a pair of Z-COILS in Tyler,
Texas.

I wore them the rest of the day while I shopped....and they really hurt my feet.

The next day I hurt like HELL. My calves were extremely sore, and every spot on both feet hurt like hell.

I didn't wear them for two weeks. Then I decided to try them again.
The first few days they hurt me bad.

But now, two weeks later, I feel better than I have in over 7 years!!!
When I took my son to his baseball practice, instead of sitting in my truck or on the tailgate, I actually got out there and participated in the practice. I chased down overthrown balls, and if nothing else I just stood out there and assisted alittle...for over an hour.

This may sound like no big deal for someone who has never had our affliction, but this was HEAVEN to me, and it actually brought TEARS later that night when I said my prayers and thanked God for the Z-coils.

OK, that is about all. I apologize again for this being long!

Here is my email address if anyone is interested in writing me.
Please be patient, because I only check my email once a week at the Library because I don't have a computer at home anymore!

(email removed)

Re: Pls read this/Haven't posted in awhile/talk abt Z-COILS

Dorothy on 6/04/04 at 19:36 (152052)

Kelus - If you don't mind - what was it that made you try them again and again when they hurt so badly?

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/05/04 at 13:24 (152105)

I think that there is an orthotic like effect with the z-coils. A very tender foot needs time to get used to the orthotic correction. I would be willing to bet that if you just started with them very gradually, slowly breaking them in you would have had an easier experience.
Ed

Kelus on 6/24/04 at 13:47 (153841)

I tried them again because they cost almost $200 and I wanted to try them one more time before I took them back. Thank God I did.