Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

for Scottr or Scott R - I'll remember which one one of these days -- an interesting product...

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 6/05/04 at 21:02 (152134)

http://www.deroyal.com/sportsmedicine/default.asp

See the foot control strap to control plantar fascial tension. I recetnly saw a full page add for it. They claim that it simultaneously inverts the subtalar joint while stabilizing the midtarsal joint. Note how it has a portion that pulls down on the big toe -- it is thus trying to releive tension from the distal portion of the fascia. They go on to state that it can be worn with orthotics and shoes.

This thing actually looks like it has the potential to work, particularly if it will stay in place without having to put too much tension on it.
The website states they only sell to medical professionals. I will order a few (my staff won't be happy campers -- I've got too much stuff and not enough space). If you are interested there may be a way to get them to you as I know you are looking for something to sell online. Let me try it for a while as I want to be convinced that it is effective. (No I don't need a double blinded peer reviewed study Elliott -- I can figure it out...)
Ed

Re: for Scottr or Scott R - I'll remember which one one of these days -- an interesting product...

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/05/04 at 21:05 (152135)

Scott -- the website is a bit convoluted. You will need to click on a sport -- a runner in this case and go through the various products to find it.
Ed

Re: for Scottr or Scott R - I'll remember which one one of these days -- an interesting product...

scott r on 6/07/04 at 14:32 (152250)

looks good....i've bookmarked it for later review for possible inclusion for products