Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Complete Rest

Posted by Place on 6/06/04 at 15:21 (152161)

I have stubbled onto this posting board a month ago and have read a bit on the results of complete rest. As with many of you I have had it longer than two years and have tried everyting including shockwave (both feet, one application) and EPF (one foot). I have set up my own program and am taking work off until January (I am a teacher). I have gotten a wheel chair for the next two months where I will be wearing my night splints for a month with time for exercise, streaching, icing, contrast baths and massage (I do not want atrophy during my rest). After 4 Weeks, I will be continuing my exercise/streaching program while I increase my steps by 10%. In addition, I will be getting acupuncture (I felt worked somewhat in the past), ART, going swimming and try to lose 5-10 lbs (of average weight, but anything to help my feet). Is there any other recomendations out there from people who have tried this approach? Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Complete Rest

goose on 6/07/04 at 07:52 (152199)

I will be interested to see how it goes. I have thought about doing the same but simply can not make that commitment right now. I'm sure it won't be easy but you have try it. Best of luck- keep us posted!

Re: Complete Rest

place on 6/07/04 at 11:24 (152227)

I just hope I have good results to post!!! The Transvers Massage looks interesting, I looked it up on the web but I did not get to many spacifics on how this method was different. I think I am going to ask my massage therapist if she knows anything about it.

Thanks,
Place