Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re John and Cure

Posted by Dorothy on 6/07/04 at 15:21 (152258)

John - Thank you for additional info. Your enthusiasm is infectious as I think you can see from the interest you have generated. I went to the website for the TAWS info (Stuart Taws) you provided and I noted that he provides the Active Isolated Stretching book by Aaron Mattes for follow-up maintenance. This book and Aaron Mattes are cited as the progenitor of so many of these massage/stretching curative techniques. Not too long ago, there was discussion here of Michael Young and his Muscle Release Therapy (he cites the Aaron Mattes book and techniques as his foundational resource) and there have been several other mentions of AIS over time. I would love to be able to try the technique you espouse with Dr. Sandell and I would love to be able to have the treatments with Aaron Mattes or Michael Young - but that is unlikely to happen. So I wonder why people don't just get the Aaron Mattes book and try his well-tested stretching program for themselves...
John, have you seen the videos that Stuart Taws sells?? Do you use them??
If you know, are they a good depiction of the massage that you receive?? Could one learn this onself (or one's spouse??) and self-treat??
Thanks for on-going feedback.

Re: Re John and Cure

John on 6/07/04 at 15:40 (152260)

Dorothy,

TFM and proper stretching go hand in hand but they resolve two different problems.

TFM fixes the fascia and stretching restores your body alignment and takes the stress off the PF.

Poor stretching or lack there off I think is the cause of PF. It was in my case.

Dr. Sandell is getting the videos so I hope to see them myself. Some Taws stretching you can do yourself and your spouse could learn it by going to one of his seminars. I prefer to pay a therapist to perform it on me because it's a lot easier.