Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John in MN

Posted by Dorothy on 6/07/04 at 18:16 (152280)

John - Just trying to clarify: you saw Dr. Sandell for the Deep Transverse Friction Massage?? And you saw a chiropractor for other treatments? And these are two separate people? What kind of doctor is Dr. Sandell?
How often did you go to Dr. Sandell? And for how long? Do you have to keep going back for re-treatment now??
If you were seeing two different doctors for different treatments, how do you know that it was one and not the other that helped you greatly? Or both together? How long has it been since you felt that you had been cured??
Do you know if Dr. Sandell requires a referral from another physician or can a person make his/her own appts?
Well, sorry I keep asking you questions. I'm sure you understand..and thank you again.

p.s. Got a cure for hives?? :-)

Re: John in MN

Pauline on 6/07/04 at 19:06 (152285)

Dorothy,
My sister-in-law still is fighting a case of hives or by now it could be multiple cases. Can't really tell but it's been going on for over 2 months now.

She has gone through steroids like candy and still keeps breaking out.
It's sooooo maddening for her as it must be for you too.

John on 6/07/04 at 21:03 (152306)

I saw Dr. Sandall for all the treatments. My session last about an hour. The first 25 minutes TFM on one foot only. I alternate feet every session. 15 minutes of him stretching me and the remaining time is chiropractic where he adjust about 20 bones. Its pretty intense.

If you have health insurance I would ask your doctor for a referal to Dr. Sandell because you 'in-network' doctors can not solve the problem. I had to go out of network, then raised cain and got them to cover it.

I would call Dr. Sandell and see what kinds of arrangments to help you.

Dorothy on 6/07/04 at 22:59 (152324)

Thank you, John! It's been great reading your posts. Your exciting posts are probably going to cause your Dr. Sandell to be overwhelmed with foot people!

John on 6/08/04 at 08:27 (152350)

I was talking to the Pedorothist and Shouler Shoes in Maple Grove, MN, and he says he sees 20 new people a day with mild to extreme PF. I can not belive how many people this effects.

Monte on 6/08/04 at 08:58 (152355)

I had a bad case of hives for a few months....i finally had to visit the doctor. Turns out that my histamine levels are high due to stress. I had to take Zyrtec, Allegra and Zanax for a lot of days. There are 2 different histamines in the body...A & B. Most work on A but the Zanax (for heartburn) will lower B....

It has worked for me so far.

Maybe you can look ino that. Sorry for the bad spellings.
Monte