Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Carole C.!

Posted by Suzanne D. on 6/08/04 at 06:34 (152333)

Carole's posts are filled with wisdom and wit, and she shows patience and great attention to detail in her writing. She has also given much personal hope to others as she has conquered PF and continues on the board to help others. She personalized PF by letting us in on her journey to find healing, step-by-step, and by sharing other unique experiences through writing and pictures such as moving to her new home and going out to sea.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Carole! I hope your day is quite special.

We appreciate you!!
Suzanne :)

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Carole C.!

Dorothy on 6/08/04 at 09:33 (152363)

Oh, good information, Suzanne!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROLE!! Suzanne said it so perfectly and I will just add my good wishes to hers and hope that you have a wonderful, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Kathy G on 6/08/04 at 10:03 (152371)

I am online, stashing away my favorite places and email addresses as I prepare to reformat my hard drive due to some strange malady, and suddenly, everything is working! So, I got to come to the Boards and I see that one of our favorites is celebrating a birthday!

Hope you have a wonderful day, Carole in NOLA! \:D/

Carole C in NOLA on 6/08/04 at 11:56 (152393)

Wow! Thank you SO MUCH, Suzanne! I didn't remember that I had mentioned my birthday on the board. Today I was feeling a little 'down' and forgotten, when I saw this post. You made my day!

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 6/08/04 at 11:57 (152394)

Thank you so much, Dorothy! This thread has been the best part of my birthday. You are all so sweet. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 6/08/04 at 11:58 (152396)

Thank you, Kathy! I'm glad that your hard drive is working again, and what great timing from my point of view. Thanks for the good wishes!

Carole C

Dorothy on 6/08/04 at 14:19 (152427)

NOT forgotten!! In fact, I have been wondering about you and how things are going for you since, before today, the last we had heard was your latest weight report. But, for the record, even if you GAIN weight (and I'm hoping you do exactly whatever you want and what is best for you), we always welcome and want to hear from you....
Suzanne IS a sweetheart! and we are glad she got us all set up for your 'surprise' party here!!

Julie on 6/08/04 at 16:32 (152442)

I'm coming in late on this birthday thread, Carole, but I too want to wish you a very happy birthday, and many happy returns of the day. Enjoy it!

wendyn on 6/08/04 at 20:11 (152468)

Happy Birthday Carole!!!!!

You are my favourite New Orleanian (Oleanianite?) Hmm...

Why are you feeling down and forgotten?

I have those days too. Bout once ever 28 days for me.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/08/04 at 20:45 (152473)

Nope! Haven't gained an ounce. And I'm enjoying my 'surprise party' immensely. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 6/08/04 at 20:47 (152474)

Thank you, Julie! I'm enjoying the day. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 6/08/04 at 20:48 (152475)

Thanks, Wendy! I think you got it right the first time; New Orleanian.

I'm not feeling down and forgotten any more, so I forgot why I was feeling that way. Funny how having a handful of long time internet friends who remembered my birthday, can give me such a lift. :)

The rest of my day (after discovering this thread) was wonderful. Everything seemed to go right, and nothing wrong.

Carole C

Re: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Carole C.!

Necee on 6/09/04 at 01:45 (152483)

Happy Belated Birthday Carole!
I hope you had a wonderful day.

Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 6/09/04 at 09:00 (152508)

Thanks, Necee! I didn't do anything special, but I still had a very good day. :)

Carole C

Bev on 6/09/04 at 18:31 (152581)

Hi Carole,

I have logged on for the first time in ages and I see you are having a HAPPY BIRTHDAY , I just want to add my 'Happy Day' to you too. Opps, grandson putting handcuffs on me , hard to type now , better go. Bev

Carole C in NOLA on 6/09/04 at 20:48 (152603)

Thank you, Bev! Good to see you posting again. It's been ages!

Carole C

JudyS on 6/09/04 at 21:27 (152610)

Oh no Carole - my server has been down and I, too, missed your birthday! Shucks :(

I truly hope it was lovely for you - Happy Belated!

marie on 6/09/04 at 22:17 (152618)

I was out of town and missed it too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a great day!

PS: My son is at LSU for the summer. He saids it's hot and humid. He is delighted to see lizards everywhere.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/10/04 at 10:10 (152633)

It was... and I'll be doing some more celebrating this weekend when Frank is in town. We'll probably go out to dinner, or maybe a movie or both. Thanks for the good wishes, Judy! :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 6/10/04 at 10:11 (152634)

Thanks for the good wishes, Marie!

Yes, southern Louisiana is hot and humid in the summertime. But then if it wasn't, we'd know something had gone terribly wrong. (grin)

Carole C

Bev on 6/11/04 at 10:53 (152734)

Carole,
I think of you all often and miss you all too. However, we have our daughter and little grandsons living with us for the past few months and I am too busy to get near the computer , they keep me so very busy as she works so we watch the boys (Denny and I are retired now ; me due to my health). Her husband is tearing out the house to remodel and so they moved in here till the work and mess is over . My hubby is helping him do the remodeling so I do not see much of him either. The boys have the computer tied up a lot here too , they are 5 & 7 years old and love the computer.
I am still having my PF and PN problems , however I am doing a lot better . I have my days though , just as everyone does . My feet hurt and burn all of the time. I use the lidoderm patches on my feet now for the pain along with the other meds.
We are still waiting for summer here. We had 2 nice days so far ,however it is very cold again today.
You and Frank have a very nice weekend celebrating your birthday . I saw on TV where a couple got married and were on a float during your Marti Gras (sp) parade .
Everyone have a lovely day :)) Bev

Re: HAPPY 27TH BIRTHDAY CAROLE!!!!!!!!!!

Richard, C.Ped on 6/11/04 at 11:11 (152744)

Hope you enjoyed the day.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/04 at 14:58 (152766)

27th? Now you just made my day, Richard! Thanks. :)

Carole C (just turned a very youthful 27, for the 30th time)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/11/04 at 15:00 (152767)

Glad to hear that your feet are doing better. I cannot even imagine being chilly in June. It's in the 90's here, with oppressive humidity. Thank goodness for air conditioning. :)

Carole C

wendyn on 6/12/04 at 12:37 (152820)

Carole - if could go back to being 27, would you do it? If you chose to go back, you also have to go back to the way you used to think, and all the things you used to think you knew (but really didn't have a clue about). Sometimes I wish I could go back to 21, but then I think about what it was really like to be 21 and then decide I'm okay being 35.

:)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/12/04 at 17:55 (152834)

It would be great if I could go back to 27, knowing what I know now. I'd love to have a 27 year old body and metabolism, and potential future lifespan, not to mention the energy levels! But going back to the way I used to think at 27? No way!

I'm much happier at 56 than I was at 27, I'm a lot more at peace with myself, and I know exactly what I want in life, now, and how to get it. I guess you might say that I've matured in a philosophical sense, as well as in other ways.

It's funny... when I was 27, I always felt sorry for older women in their fifties. But it turned out there was not much point in that. I think the joys of living in one's fifties are a well kept secret!

Carole C

wendyn on 6/12/04 at 22:56 (152855)

Carole, your opinion is shared by most women. Most say sure -they'd go back, as long as they could take what they know now. Without that, forget it!

john h on 6/13/04 at 10:10 (152869)

Wendy: May the Lord help me if I ever posted anything using the words 'most women'! Carol and Dorothy would come down on me like a ton of bricks.Being a woman (or woman child) you can get away with it.

JudyS on 6/13/04 at 10:40 (152873)

John h dear I confess - I suspect I'm nearly the only woman here who has taken you to task for generalizing about women.....but always with all the affection and respect you deserve - I hope!
Having said that I don't think I'd fall in to Wendy's 'most women' group this time. (yeah yeah I know - add it to the list:) ) My philosophy is why go back to a youthful appearance via any vehicle when age is going to show up inevitably anyway. Might as well celebrate every well-earned wrinkle and wear it like a well-earned medal -

Like this:
'That one arrived when my oldest learned to drive.....'
'That one arrived when my youngest went to school in Europe....'
'That one arrived when I nearly lost hubby to a blood infection....'
'That one (smile lines) arrived when I hit a grand slam.....'
'That one ( ' ) arrived from having special friends...'

And here we are, strong, happy, healthy - every line well-earned!

:):):)

wendyn on 6/13/04 at 13:10 (152886)

Judy, I think that my 'most women' reference was really to suggest that even though we're all getting older, most of us are much happier with ourselves the older we get. I'm okay with the wrinkles. I have a big one right in the middle of my forehead from frowning. When I think, I frown. I look at and try to see it as evidence that I've spent a good part of my life thinking. Sounds good anyway!

john h on 6/13/04 at 14:20 (152891)

Ah yes Judy you have indeed taking me to task about generalization when speaking of women. When talking with you I tend to speak in tounges for fear of your retrubution. You made your case and you will not see much of this from me.

Dorothy on 6/13/04 at 19:14 (152902)

It was nice of Judy S to assume all the 'flak' for this, but I did react once upon a time to a generalization. Ah, yes, I remember it well - it was a day when I was feeling like a ton of bricks.....
I'm regretful that YOU remember it John H but oh, well, maybe we're all better people for these encounters, eh?

JudyS on 6/13/04 at 20:45 (152908)

agreed, Wendy! Life is sooooo much easier now without all the somewhat shallow hangups of youth. It only gets easier and easier to accept ones' self and refrain from completely unnecessary and unwarrented preassures. your point is well made.

john h on 6/14/04 at 10:18 (152940)

Dorothy dear you have raked me over the coals many times for my misdeeds. Sometimes I confused you with my wife. Judy has slapped me around on occasion when I strayed onto the forbidden path where men dare not go.

john h on 6/14/04 at 10:28 (152944)

Dorothy dear you have raked me over the coals many times for my misdeeds. Sometimes I confused you with my wife. Judy has slapped me around on occasion when I strayed onto the forbidden path where men dare not go.