Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm starting a new program

Posted by Pauline on 6/08/04 at 16:17 (152440)

The ground work has been set for a new program which I hope will take off in every neighborhood state wide. It's called 'Nourishing Neighbors'.

It's a program to get individual neighborhoods involved in donating food and personal hygiene products to food pantries in their areas or close to them. Ones of their own choosing.

It's a very simple idea with one family being the host family, making the contact with their neighbors and collecting the donated items once a month from their neighbors who choose to participate in the program.

Charities and pantries that provide these items always do well at holiday times, but people need to eat year round. The supply of food never outgrows the need.

Todays families are very busy with work, school and childrens activities. The Nourishing Neighbors program provides an easy way for individual families to make a difference in someone's life without spending a lot of time or money.

Hopefully with publicity the idea will catch on in many neighborhoods across the country and many people will be fed.

My goal is that it will provide nourishment for those in need and happiness of heart to those who participate.

Re: I'm starting a new program

Necee on 6/09/04 at 01:56 (152487)

What a wonderful idea Pauline!

Necee