Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pod says pain in the morning is "always" there with plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Liam on 6/08/04 at 19:54 (152467)

I know on this site its mentioned that about 85% of people with pf have pain in the morning. My Pod feels that because I don't have A.M. pain, I don't have PF. He says people with pf always have morning pain.( he felt pretty strong about this)

Kindly share your opinion. Thanks Liam

Re: Pod says pain in the morning is "always" there with plantar Fasciitis

Liam on 6/08/04 at 20:15 (152471)

I meant this post in the doctors area, sorry.
But if there is any info, I'll still appreciate it.
Thanks

Steve G on 6/08/04 at 21:22 (152476)

He is wrong - many of us on the site don't have morning pain

Robert J on 6/08/04 at 23:47 (152481)

In my opinion, your doctor may or may not be wrong. It's certainly true that, as Steve G says, many of us on these boards don't have first-step pain in the morning. The question is, what DO we have when we don't have first-step pain or pain that is sharp and limited to the insertion area? We know that these cases, which are called atypical, do not respond in the same way as 'classic' PF to various treatments. So, is atypical PF a different injury or simply a variation on the the standard injury? Personally, I believe it is a different injury because it presents different symptons and responds differently to treatment. But what is it, then? I don't think anyone knows. We do know this, however: there are many cases of this atypical variety, more than previously thought. And it doesn't get much attention as an injury in its own right, or as a peculiar variation on the standard injury.

Jill H. on 6/09/04 at 09:20 (152513)

I also don't have morning pain - have been to 4 doctors all diagnosed PF. They all said that my case is not the norm but it is definately PF.

Place on 6/09/04 at 09:22 (152514)

I first started out with morning pain but as I ignored it it came to hurt in the arch and only after I have spent some time on my feet. I still have tenderness in my insertion point when I press on it with my fingers but not during the day.

John from MN on 6/09/04 at 10:08 (152521)

Not true. I had an extreme case of PF and my feet always felt best in the morning and got worse at the day went on.

john h on 6/09/04 at 10:36 (152524)

There have been to many people here who did not have first step morning pain including me to use the word never or always when it comes to first step morning pain. Most all diseases present themselves with different symptoms at times depending on the patient. For example my pain for the first year with PF was a burning pain. It later morphed into an aching pain. About 10-15 different Doctors of all types all concur I have PF and like many others I do not present with a spur. I prefer inquiring Doctors as opposed to ones who are dogmatic.

john h on 6/09/04 at 12:12 (152533)

There have been to many people here who did not have first step morning pain including me to use the word never or always when it comes to first step morning pain. Most all diseases present themselves with different symptoms at times depending on the patient. For example my pain for the first year with PF was a burning pain. It later morphed into an aching pain. About 10-15 different Doctors of all types all concur I have PF and like many others I do not present with a spur. I prefer inquiring Doctors as opposed to ones who are dogmatic.

BS on 6/11/04 at 02:47 (152709)

I had the release surgery 2 years ago. I still have the pain *sometimes* but not all the time. I depends.

One thing I have noticed is that if I sit in a chair where my feet don't touch the floor and sort of dangle, when I get up, I have that pain- like from the pressure of the chair in the back of my upper thighs.

But if my feet touch the floor, I don't have that problem.

At work during lunch break, I always have my foot propped up on a chair. I think that helps.