Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tts and 3/4pf release surgery 16 months ago

Posted by Marty on 6/09/04 at 13:57 (152546)

I'm still no where near healed from tts and 3/4pf release surgery 16 months ago. Swelling in the ball of my foot along with pain along the outside edge of my foot is plaguing me. Most of the burning is gone most of the time (but I can't wear a shoe without the burning returning), it does kind of flare up from time to time in specific locations.

How long does the kind of surgery take to recover from?

Have you seen it where it takes this long?

Re: tts and 3/4pf release surgery 16 months ago

BS on 6/11/04 at 02:43 (152708)

I had my PF released 2 years ago this past May. This year I have finally started to have some relief. I have heard it can take up to 2 years to heal.

I am on my feet constantly (retail slave) and so I am sure that is why it took me so long to feel relief.

You should go back to your doctor since you are having discomfort still. Maybe he/she can figure out what is causing the problem.

Good luck!

Dee C on 6/23/04 at 13:59 (153763)

As you got better what kind of shoes did you find that worked? Had my PF release surgery a month ago and am still in post-op flat wood things with velcro straps. Dr. said I could wear some sort of flat tennis shoe but not sure what he means!

Marty in SLC on 6/25/04 at 08:27 (153893)

flat tennis shoe??? What about arch support?? I wear New Balance 803's