Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

stress fracture

Posted by Joanie S on 6/10/04 at 08:09 (152628)

Had Endo Plantar Fascia Release surgery late October. Finally started to feel better in March and started an exercise program. Lost 22 lbs and was thrilled. Unfortunately, yesterday I was diagnosed with a stress fracture, yup, same foot right above my inside ankle. Doctor says probably not related but I'm not sure I believe him. He is the same ortho who did the surgery.

Have you heard of any problems like this? What kind of lower body exercise program could I do instead of walking that won't flex my ankle?
NOT a happy camper and I'm traveling this week and have to pull luggage in the airport and be on my feet for a conference. Will see what I can do about compensating, but 6 more weeks of not being really mobile stinks.

Thanks all, you've really helped me over the past year!

Re: stress fracture

Terri on 6/26/04 at 08:34 (153967)

I don't normally come to this board but thought I'd see what was going on here. Joanie, I had a stress fracture in my heel many years ago and the dr put me in a walking cast for 3 weeks. It took all the weight off the heel and let me rest the foot. When I came out of the cast, everything was just fine.