Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

George The Cat

Posted by john h on 6/12/04 at 18:45 (152841)

George is as about as good as he is going to get. He can now jump up on to counters but cannot run very fast. Hope this Shutterfly URL works ok and here he is:

http://share-dell.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANGbdqzaMWjGVg

Re: George The Cat

Dorothy on 6/13/04 at 01:07 (152857)

John H. -

What a lovely home - and a very contented-looking cat! That's a cat counting his blessings...

A little follow-up to Rasheed Wallace and PF: I've been reading on the Detroit News sports blog/'Pistons Talk' - lots of fun! But one poster wrote something about Rasheed Wallance and PF and the poster's understanding that rest was usually recommended for PF, etc and then the poster asked what was being done for Wallace's PF so he could play....
So, I read that post and I thought...yes, what??? I kept reading and reading and reading - but no answer ever came. So whoever it was here who said that PF and the NBA is kept a big secret may be right. I could see no hesitation or foot-favoring or anything in Wallace's play Thursday.
So many of the Pistons fans wrote of having trouble sleeping and of eating too much and of being just too excited! I love the NBA (and NCAA) Finals - and especially when the Pistons are in it. I hope to see the Lakers get a technical foul the next time Jack Nicholson steps onto the court and curses the refs!! (No, wait...that would mean play in Los Angeles....forget it..) Go Pistons!!

Suzanne D. on 6/13/04 at 08:52 (152864)

Your home is beautiful and in such peaceful surroundings. I'm sure George the cat is very happy!

Suzanne :)

john h on 6/13/04 at 10:08 (152868)

I of course am pulling for the Pistons because I know Corliss Williamson. I think I posted at one time in my conversation with him he said many players do not tell the coaches they have PF as it could jepordize their large contracts. I would guess some of them will not know until it is to late that they could become chronic. Wallace looks meaner than a junk yard dog and has a soft touch for a big man shooting those 18 foot jumpers. Detroit has an awsome defense and seem more athletic. Then again I hate to say it when Shaq decides to play I do not think anyone can stop him. Bryant will also get his point. Derrek Fisher is from Little Rock and I watched him in high school and at the U. of Arkansas at Little Rock. He and Corliss are of course good buddies. Do you live in Detroit? For many years I went to the car shows in Detroit. Got to drive with some test drivers on the Willow Run proving ground and go through some of the plants. Always stayed at the Embassy Suites about half mile from Ford National Hq near a large shopping center. Jogged around that center many a time. Looked like hockey was the king of sports around there when I visited the various bars. I will be glued on the tube today and pulling for the Pistons. The Lakers are like the Yankees of basketball. Easy to cheer against as they are so perrenally great. In the good old days I played basketball at the YMCA everyday at noon. One day the New Orleans Jazz where at the YMCA working out. Some of the staff including Hot Rod Hundley (Radio Annoucer) played with us and I got to score a basket on Hot Rod with all the players laughing as Hot Rod stands about 1 foot taller than me. He was couse so out of shape I do not think he could have run a mile.

Dorothy on 6/13/04 at 19:21 (152903)

Great story! No, I don't live in Detroit and never have; however, I did live in Michigan for many years and have been a Pistons fan since the late 80s-early 90s glory days of the 'bad boys'. I think the Pistons don't ever get their due and the respect they have earned, even back in that 'bad boys' era. Who can say all the reasons they become a fan of one team or another - in our house we are just St. Louis Cardinals fans, Detroit Pistons fans, University of Illinois and University of Michigan fans. I am always eager to enter into disputes about whether Shaquille O'Neal is a basketball player or not or if, as I contend, he's 'just tall, that's all...' He is so big (tall and weight) that he can just plant himself under the basket and it's like a giant Sequoia (that can move a little bit) has taken root there and daring you to get around it. Well, that's not basketball; that's size. Ok, I'm getting worked up....GO PISTONS!!!!

marie on 6/13/04 at 21:10 (152909)

John, George is a big boy! Wow he looks very content on that nice white sofa. He is sure lucky to have you in the neighborhood. What a beautiful home you have. The rockers look very comfy. I always loved the porchs that most of the homes had in the south.

Sorry that I don't know much about sports but if you and Dorothy are for the Detroit Pistons then I had better root for them to. GO PISTONS! That's a basketball team I hope?

best wishes marie

john h on 6/14/04 at 10:03 (152935)

Before George fell out of the tree I would guess his weight to be around 11 pounds. He looks to me like he is about 3 yrs old as he still likes to play. With 7 weeks confined in a cage he grew to around 18 lbs or more. Does this sound like PF patients? With my little Siamese chasing him aorund now he has lost a couple of lbs but is still very big. He never hits my other cats with his claws out which is nice because they do not knbow what claws are. He sure looks funny moving around with that rear foot turned out at a 45 degree angle. My wife did not want another cat in the house but she has now grown attached to him so he is now officially a house cat..

john h on 6/14/04 at 10:11 (152937)

I am not particularly a Shaq fan but must give him his due. He is the most dominating player since Wilt Chamberlin. Shaq is actually about 5' shorter than the big guy from China who will be the next big star. Shaq father is retired military so I do have something in me that wants him to succeed. He played at LSU in college and they are one of our big rivals here in Arkansas. We beat them in his last game with LSU. Shaq is not fancy and is not particularly fun to watch. All he does is dominate the boards on both offense and defense and has a fistull of world championship rings. For pure enjoyment I like the finesse players such as Earl the Pearl, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, Calvin Murphy, and that little 5'6' guard who won the NBA dunking championship. How does a 5'6' guy do that? Calvin Murphy at about 5'8' was also a world class baton twirller.

marie on 6/14/04 at 10:22 (152942)

My cats have all their claws but are very good about extending them when they play. They have never scratched me even when I'm rough housing with them. They have been very patient with our new dog but she has pushed the limit with our oldest cat, Hannah who weighs about 16 lbs. Heidi only weighs 5 lbs so she was definately at the loosing end of that situation. One good swat from Hannah and now Heidi shows nothing but respect for her. They remind me of the Garfield cartoon.

George is very pretty....or should that be handsome?

best wishes marie

Kathy G on 6/15/04 at 10:04 (153046)

John,

I liked seeing pictures of George and I'm glad he's getting along well. I also liked seeing the pictures of your lovely home. We don't have many homes that aren't made out of wood in NE and it always surprises me when I get further south that there are so many that aren't wooden.

I lost my interest in basketball when Larry Bird, the Chief (Robert Parish), Tiny Archabauld, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johnson and their contemporaries stopped playing. My father used to say that was because I liked a game of finesse not brute strength and size, just as you say.

There was a time when I wouldn't have thought of missing a Boston Celtics game but those days are gone.

My son, however, with whom you would share a passion for sports, follows basketball and every other sport faithfully.

Necee on 6/16/04 at 00:32 (153144)

George looks so happy! I'm so glad that you were able to find him when you did.

Necee