Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Pete R on 6/13/04 at 05:12 (152859)

John H has mentioned stretching the calf muscle with a bent knee and a straight knee. How do you do the bent knee one ? I do the wall straight knee stretch regularly..

Re: Stretching

john h on 6/13/04 at 10:33 (152871)

Pete: Just like the wall stretch only with a slight bend in the knee. You will not feel much of a calf stretch as you are stretching a different group of muscles. You might take a 1-2' thick board or two books of that thickness and place the front of your feet (shoes on) on them and then bend forward supporting yourself on the wall or whatever with knees slightly bent until you feel a gentle stretch. Hold for 30 seconds and do three series of 10. This is what therapist has me doing. If you get to far away from the wall you put to much tension on the fascia so remember gentle. I think to many people go at this to aggressive particuarly in the begining. One of the worst things a person with PF can do is push a car as you are placing great forces on the fascia so a wall stretch is not far from pushing a car so that is the reason for gentle.