Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SDO or power strps????

Posted by char B on 6/14/04 at 10:33 (152946)

I need to try other orthodics, mine arn't working. Would you say go with SDO's , powerstep, or get some from my foot doctor?
Need some thing, my hard ones felt good, but after 5 years of A PF I think maybe I need to switch???? HELP????

Re: SDO or power strps????

Dave M. on 6/14/04 at 12:06 (152957)

I haven't tried the SDO's, but I have tried custom orthotics from my Podiatrist and have also tried the powersteps. Neither worked for me.

The perfect one for me was the Biosole Gel. Just keep trying different orthotics until you find the one that fits YOU. Everyone's foot is different.

scott r on 6/14/04 at 21:43 (152999)

does anyone know who the manufacturer of the Biosole Gel is? maybe i'll carry them

Suzanne D. on 6/14/04 at 21:53 (153001)

scottr -

Here's a link I found for the Biosole Gel inserts. I haven't seen them in person, but this probably gives you the information you need.

http://www.footamerica.com/bisosefoor.html

Suzanne :)

scott r on 6/14/04 at 22:35 (153003)

Hi Suzanne,
that just appears to be a retailer. I need the manufacturer

scott

Suzanne D. on 6/15/04 at 07:36 (153019)

Sorry...I should have realized that! Once again, the first grade teacher in me jumped up to help but should have known that was too simple a solution. Hope you can find the manufacturer.

Suzanne :)

PhysicsRon. on 6/16/04 at 14:58 (153183)

I wear SDO's for my PF & like them. One benefit is you talk to the DPM, Dr Kiper both before & after the sale.

I also wear compression socks http://www.juzousa.com/juzosilverstudies.html(instead of taping )& at least initially or during flare ups, use the ibuprophen cream.

Dave M. on 6/18/04 at 10:30 (153388)

Manufacturer of BioSole-GEL is Orthofeet, Inc 152a Veterans Dr., Nothvale, NJ