Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What if you suspect tts, but no diagnosis

Posted by Darlene on 6/14/04 at 13:35 (152967)

I'm just wondering if anyone has advice for people who suspect they may have early stage tts. Does over pronating make it worse? therefore wear orthotics? Is it better to keep off your feet as much as possible? I suspect it because I've been walking funny for 5 months post neuroma surgery.
Thank you.

Re: What if you suspect tts, but no diagnosis

Claire on 6/15/04 at 06:02 (153014)

Hi Darlene,I also have TTS and i suspect it developed after neuroma surgery in 12/02, i was diagnosed with TTS May 2003. I've recently had the TTS relief op and had no relief at all to date, infact i am about to go part time at work again for a few weeks, to try and get some pain relief. I'm almost 3 months post op and the pain is worse than before. What are your TTS symptons? Do you have pain where the neuroma was removed? Have you seen a doctor or discussed with your surgeon?

Re: What if you suspect tts, but no diagnosis

LARA on 6/15/04 at 07:36 (153020)

As a first step, I'd try all the conservative treatments I could think of to see what helped. Off the top of my head I can think of the following list (I hope the person who has kept her list of treatments sees this and posts again).

NSAIDS
icing
rest
orthotics
compression socks
get a referral for an NCV test (although a negative test doesn't mean you DON'T have TTS, a positive test is pretty conclusive)

Re: Connection between tts and neuroma surgery?

Darlene on 6/15/04 at 18:05 (153126)

I wonder what the connection is. Any ideas? I feel like my abnormal gait since the surgery 5 months ago is causing problems all the way up. It's either my tendons or nerves I'm not sure. I'm hoping to see someone this week.

Re: Connection between tts and neuroma surgery?

LARA on 6/17/04 at 06:22 (153232)

I'm not sure about neuroma surgery, but if I've read other posts correctly (I've never had the surgery), any surgery can cause scar tissue, and scar tissue can lessen the space in the tarsal tunnel, thereby putting pressure on the tibial nerve, and voile - you have TTS. But I don't know if scar tissue from neuroma surgery can get in the tarsal tunnel.