Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

treatment of lateral column pain

Posted by Vickie P on 6/15/04 at 09:07 (153032)

After many months of unsuccessful treatment for chronic plantar fasciitis, I had release surgery on both feet (about 14 months apart). From my Internet searches, I believe I may now be suffering from lateral column pain--on the outside of both ankles, slightly below the 'ankle bone,' there is a swollen/puffy oval lump about 1x2 inches in size. 1) Is this indeed from the LC? 2) What is the best treatment? 3) Should I see my podiatrist? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Re: treatment of lateral column pain

Pauline on 6/15/04 at 09:22 (153038)

I'm not doctor, but if you don't see your Podiatrist your not going to get any relief. Various complications can follow P.F. release surgery at any time because by having the P.F. cut you've weakened the natural support system in your foot. The one that you were born with.

I'd suggest that you go back to the same doctor and if you get no help seek a second opinion. Doing nothing will get you nothing. You need a diagnosis and treatment.