More on the Snake Case in ArkansasPosted by john h on 6/15/04 at 10:41 (153059)
The latest news to surface on the man who was found mysteriouly dead in Little Rock and who had the Mamba's, etc. It has been found out he was bitten last year in South Africa by a rare and very poisonous snake. He was hospitalized and administered anti vennom. His death is still ruled as accidental but the final autopsy report will probably not be available for another 6 months. Still no explanation of why his family had no clue as to what he has been doing with these very dangerous snakes and why they were shipped to Arkansas and Florida. This would be a great case for Holmes.
Re: More on the Snake Case in ArkansasKathy G on 6/15/04 at 10:49 (153061)
Ah, my dear John, this is a true puzzle. Perhaps Watson would have been able to shed some light on it. It doesn't strike me as elementary.
Either his family isn't telling what they know or they're covering something up. I mean, wouldn't you tell your family if you were hospitalized with a snake bite? Obviously, he didn't learn from a bad experience!
Re: More on the Snake Case in Arkansasjohn h on 6/15/04 at 12:15 (153081)
Would his family not want to know what he was doing in Africa or Little Rock? Mary sure would. This snake case may forever remain a mystery. Why would you want some black and green Mambas mailed to you in Little Rock????? We do not even have the anti venom in our state for such snakes. He had to know a mamba bite to be fatal so why is he dead in his rented vehicle near the airport with vomit all over him and no conclusive autopsy report. Surely CSI should be able to find the tiny fang bites of the mamba. No one in Arkansas claims to know him?? Why were the snakes found along side of a road? Inquiring minds want to know.
Re: More on the Snake Case in ArkansasDorothy on 6/15/04 at 14:41 (153103)
This is the most fascinating case in a long time!!! This actually takes my mind off the imminent PISTONS-lakers game ..... uh-oh, now my mind is back on the PISTONS-lakers game.
Seriously, John h., I LOVE this saga and hope you will continue to keep us updated on this case since it is more likely that your local news will cover it than national news will. I think this case deserves more attention - I see it as having great potential in a screenplay...
Re: More on the Snake Case in Arkansasmarie on 6/15/04 at 18:12 (153128)
This site has loads of information on the black mamba. It's frightening to think that someone can order a mamba via the internet. I don't want to be pulling weeds in my garden and come face to face with a cobra or something......yikes.
Re: More on the Snake Case in Arkansasjohn h on 6/16/04 at 10:22 (153166)
In college I placed a harmless black snake in my burly football roommates bed under the covers. He was not very pleased. My bed was right next to the window. For the remainder of the semester he made me keep the window next to me open all night in the cold Iowa's winter. I would sometimes awake with two inches of snow no me.
Re: More on the Snake Case in ArkansasDorothy on 6/16/04 at 10:53 (153171)
This just in:
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho -- An Idaho man has been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly throwing a rattlesnake into a crowded bar.
Police say he walked into an Idaho Falls bar on Monday, pulled a three-and-a-half-foot-long rattler from his pocket and threw it into a crowd.
Bar patrons used a crutch to sweep the angry snake to a cleared area, and then wrapped a T-shirt around its head before picking it up and dropping it into a bucket. No one was hurt.
If convicted, the man could face up to five years in prison.
Re: More on the Snake Case in ArkansasPauline on 6/16/04 at 15:51 (153189)
I heard it was milked for venom prior to being given back to the owner to help those in need:*
Re: More on the Snake Case in Arkansasmarie on 6/16/04 at 22:41 (153221)
I had a class of 16 high school boys and they gave me a 3 foot garder snake for teacher appreciation week. One of them was bit when they caught it. i guess they thought I'd jump or something. I made them let it go. It was hard to explain to my superintendent why one of my students had to fill out an accident report for a 'Snake bite in Art Class'. It was a harmless prank and the boys were very lucky that I have a sense of humor. Now if it had been a rattler....they'd be in big trouble.