Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

complication, I don't know????

Posted by Marty from SLC on 6/15/04 at 14:15 (153097)

I must know maybe you doctors would be so kind as to answer this please.

I had TTS and PF done at the same time 16 months ago and still have some complications.

Here's my question: Is there anything that might of happened during the surgery to cause extreme pain and swelling in the ball of my foot from the moment the medication wore off to this day.

I don't know if this will help but if I push lightly on the top of my foot in the arch area between the first and second bone the ball of my foot start buzzing like a low voltage shock like I have a nerve pinched or something. Could the release caused a collapses of some sort in the arc?

I had a pod here locally tell my friend that went in that if I had tts/pf surgery I should have no pain in the lower part of my foot now. Is this true????

I'm not looking to take legal action or anything like that just to find out what might have happened.

Please answer.

Thanks so much,

Re: complication, I don't know????

Dr. Z on 6/15/04 at 15:20 (153107)

Is your arch collapsed. Compare it to the other foot. It sounds like you do indeed how some type of nerve entrapment or involvment. What testing has been done.?

Re: thks for the reply :) .... no test done dr Z :(

Marty in SLC on 6/15/04 at 16:24 (153113)

Thanks you so much for you reply, I know you are a busy person.

You asked: 'Is your arch collapsed? I will try and compare to the other foot, thanks.

You asked 'What testing has been done.? Since the surgery for TTS and PF (both the same time) none and no treatments other then a anti-inflammatory shot for the swelling/pain in the ball that did nothing.

Is it possible the partial pf release collapsed the arch or something else happen???

What are some possibles??

Where should I go from here??

Thanks again Doctor Z !!

Re: doesn't look fallen??

Marty in SLC on 6/15/04 at 18:00 (153125)

You asked if my arch had collapsed: I would say be looking at my operated foot that the arch is higher then the other foot. The cuneiform bones look higher for sure. So a fallen state doesn't look eveident.

If I touch/push lightly between the 1st and 2nd metatarsals it buzzes on the bottom of my foot, mainly on the 4th metatarsal. (Could it be the lateral plantar nerve, medial plantar nerve or possibly the deep peroneal nerve that runs along the top of the arch?

Dr. Z on 6/15/04 at 19:02 (153134)

This sounds like a nerve problem at some level. Could be TTS and or lateral plantar or peroneal. Have you seen a neurologist?

Marty in SLC on 6/15/04 at 19:11 (153136)

Not since they confirmed TTS before the surgery.

Marty in SLC on 6/15/04 at 21:06 (153140)

can 'pes cavus' cause my kind of symtoms?? I have dia. with it. I think that is why the foot giving me the problems right now has a higher arch then the other foot as well.

Re: thks for the reply :) .... no test done dr Z :(

free-xxx on 7/27/04 at 21:59 (156370)

free xxx