Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to Place

Posted by Elyse B on 6/17/04 at 10:13 (153266)

so tell us about going to see Dr. Sandell. How long do you plan on staying in Minnesota? Will you go back to the one in Cleveland? Did Dr. Sandell give you any idea of how long it would take, did the doctor in Cleveland give you any idea of how long it would take?

Re: to Place

Place on 6/17/04 at 16:07 (153320)

I think I got lost somewhere in the mutiple threads we both are hanging out in =). If did not already answer back, post me again!

Elyse B on 6/18/04 at 07:13 (153365)

Place, so tell us about going to see Dr. Sandell. How long do you plan on staying in Minnesota? Will you go back to the one in Cleveland? Did Dr. Sandell give you any idea of how long it would take, did the doctor in Cleveland give you any idea of how long it would take? Also I liked your questions to Dr. Sandell, he was pretty vague on his discussion of the treatment but then again he does not really have to tell us his methods does he?

Place on 6/18/04 at 17:48 (153439)

Well, I would like to hear/see what technique's he uses, if it is at all similar to what I have found with a combination of some folks in Ohio, I will come home and work off of them. If his treatment is unique and I feel that he is knowledgeable, I will have him establish a treatment plan for recovery and work off both practitioners, relying mainly on him for my therapy. One aspect I have enjoyed hearing about him is the rehab into sport again. I yet to find a doctor/PT to complete rehab program to increase walking or running. The Cleveland Doc, said that we should know after 6-8 sessions if it is going to work, I have just had my second treatment with her and she really dug in there. Ouch! But nothing like a cortizone shot!

Elyse B on 6/21/04 at 07:31 (153578)

I agree with teh 6-8 session estimate. Digging in is great. I had a TMF session on Saturday with a massage therapist and tried to walk/run without orthotics on Sunday. Not a good thing. I cannot believe I really need them but I can walk fine with no pain in my Birks but when I put my sneakers on and try to walk/run my arches start to hurt. Go figure.