Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

becoming optimistic!

Posted by MonikaA on 6/17/04 at 12:12 (153289)

Just a follow up. I'm 3 weeks post-eswt and I am happy to say that I am definitely feeling better than just a week ago at this time. The last 2 days I have not had any morning first step pain in my treated foot. I am still sore, but I'm probably at least 50% better...which is great news. Im hoping it continues to improve. Anyone else noticing improvement?

Re: becoming optimistic!

goose on 6/17/04 at 12:23 (153293)

I had it a month ago and the flare-up is finally over..having some good days but by no means cured. I am pleased with this as the flare up from my last ESWT took a long time to simmer down. Never had first step pain so can't gauge that. Good luck to you!

JenniferL on 6/17/04 at 21:17 (153346)

I'm feeling better too- one and a half weeks post-eswt.....
i'd say about 40% better on a good day. walking a lot still is painful though....

MonikaA on 6/18/04 at 09:23 (153373)

Yeah, I agree with that. I still have considerable pain if I stand in one place for too long. I am hopeful, though, that it is slowly but surely going to get better.

Janice N on 6/20/04 at 09:50 (153539)

I am still doing better than before the ESWT. The cushioned diabetic shoes help still. Ugly as sin but who cares. But the thing that helps the most at night is still using that foam pillow I got at the close of a yard sale. Best darn free thing I ever got in my life. It just cushioned my foot so well when I am trying to sleep. I would say my pain is about 50 percent better at times. The back of my heel is not swollen like it was. It has been two months now. I hope it gets better. But I am willing to do a second ESWT. As long as the wait is to see if it works is still better than a painful surgery and recovery.