Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

burning feet

Posted by mary in so. md. on 6/17/04 at 14:46 (153311)

I have had this problem for sometime now and I just recently went to the doctors. He said he never heard of this and I said it might have something to do with vitamin B. Now I have to do blood work and go see a Neurologist. Does this sound like an answer?

Re: burning feet

Tim on 6/17/04 at 14:57 (153313)

Mary, Not sure if you have the same feeling and I do, but mine is numbness,tingling and a hot feeling in both feet. Two Neurologist tested me and told me I have Neuropathy. If you find out something else can you let me know?

dud on 6/17/04 at 20:40 (153342)

Did you get your Plantar Fascia measured for PF. I too have burning, hot feeling in my feet all day. My fascia measured 3X thicker than normal..so PF was diagnosed.

WIth Neuropathy, what are all your symptoms. Can PF cause Neuropathy?

Marty in SLC on 6/17/04 at 22:13 (153349)

PF and TTS can cuase P/N = peripheral neuropathy. There are many differant kinds of p/n and the cuases are many too.

I have pf tts and p/n.

Marty

Marty in SLC on 6/17/04 at 22:14 (153350)

ps i not a doctor so this is what I think is to be the case.

JudyB on 6/18/04 at 00:26 (153358)

I've never heard of PF and TTS causing Neuropathy.

If you have Neuropathy, you might want to try the infrared light therapy.

Tim on 6/18/04 at 13:35 (153418)

What is infrared light therapy?

Marty in SLC on 6/18/04 at 15:02 (153420)

Is not peripheral neuropathy anything that causes the nerve to not function normally???? If you have idiopathic peripheral neuropathy is not a nice way of them saying they don't know what is causing it. They do spine scans looking for small lesions or tumors causing constriction in your spin. Of course there's many other causes.

What does Infrared light do?????

Marty in SLC on 6/18/04 at 15:03 (153421)

Tim did Dave email you back???

Dr Ben Pearl on 6/18/04 at 20:46 (153455)

the infrared light increases circulation to the area which in theory regenerates nerve tissue. I have a few patients that have felt tickling on the feet where previously they had no sensation.Not everyone responds.

Dr Ben Pearl on 6/18/04 at 20:54 (153457)

the infrared light increases circulation to the area which in theory regenerates nerve tissue. I have a few patients that have felt tickling on the feet where previously they had no sensation.Not everyone responds.

Marty in SLC on 6/18/04 at 21:10 (153462)

I will have to talk about this to my nuerologist. Thanks

Hey you know if was to make down to the public pool 3 days a week and do some laps would this not do the same thing. That really gets the old hurt going. Cool water seems to quite the spasms, prickling and burning down.

Marty