Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne D- Elizabethtown movie

Posted by Kathy in Ky on 6/20/04 at 21:46 (153570)

Hi Suzanne. Did you try out for one of the extra spots in the movie that's going to be filmed around your area? My teenager would have jumped at the chance since Orlando Bloom is going to be one of the leading actors. (I guess he ranks up there as high as Bobby Sherman ranked for my peer group) You'll have to let us know if you see any famous celebrities out & about. Kathy

Re: Suzanne D- Elizabethtown movie

Suzanne D. on 6/21/04 at 06:22 (153574)

Hi, Kathy! No, my younger daughter was interested as she thinks Orlando Bloom is so cool (or whatever the going phrase is!), but she is in Youth Theater in our county, and they had a mandatory practice the day of the auditions. The director of the Youth Theater group went so far as to tell them that if they missed that day, they were out of the production. He knew that many of them would probably abandon practice for a chance at appearing in that movie, and he couldn't afford to waste a day of practice.

Actually, the auditions were in Louisville, and I read in the paper that 3,000 hopefuls stood in line for hours for their few seconds with a film person who took a card with their name and picture and thanked them for coming and told them to wait for a phone call.

For some time, there has been speculation as to whether the movie would be set in Elizabethtown, KY or Elizabethtown, PA. People are guessing now that it is in our Elizabethtown, but you never know. I suppose they could be at other Elizabethtowns checking out possiblilities as well. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

I live out in the country, but Elizabethtown is the nearest town and in the same county. It's kind of nice as we have the benefits of a large town nearby but also the benefits of living in a rural area.

Suzanne :)

Kathy G on 6/21/04 at 09:07 (153586)

Ms. Nosey, here.;) What movie are they making and why does it have to take place in Elizabeth?

Suzanne D. on 6/21/04 at 13:33 (153617)

Hi, Kathy! I don't really know much about it, but I understand the movie is to be called 'Elizabethtown'. Or at least it has that name in the title. So that's what all the fuss is here near Elizabethtown. That's about all I know about it other than seeing the article in the paper telling how many stood in line in Louisville for a chance to be an extra. That and the fact that Orlando Bloom is to star in the movie.

Suzanne :)

Kathy in Ky on 6/21/04 at 21:56 (153665)

I read a little about it in the Lexington paper. It is supposed to be a modern love story starring Orlando Bloom & Kirsten Duntz (spelling?) I'm sure there will be lots of local coverage when the movie starts filming. My daughter is in a summer drama production too, but her directors would have encouraged them to try out. I'm glad she didn't find out about sign ups until it was over, I wouldn't want to drive 60 miles for filming!