Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot fracture/pain

Posted by Danielle on 6/21/04 at 21:11 (153659)

I twisted my ankle toward the outer portion of the foot and it became swelled, black and blue, unable to walk on it. I went to the ER, as it was Saturday,and they took xrays, said it was a possible fracture. I went to the Dr. for a follow up , they said a slight fracture on the outer portion of the foot and pulled the ankle tendon. Said to start bearing some weight on it. Since then, ankle tendon swelling has gone down but the main pain is still on the top portion of my foot, it feels like the bone may be swelled up there is a raised area possibly the area of the cuboid bone. and the area between the 4th and 5th toes are becoming more black. I am concerned about continuing to put weight on it especially since I can only really walk on my heel and I have history of heel spurs especially on the affected foot. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: foot fracture/pain

Nick, C.Ped on 6/22/04 at 02:58 (153677)

Paying another visit to the Doc you saw, or your podiatrist ASAP would be a good idea. Other than that, you need to be your body's own judge after all you will know best to see how much you can actually walk or (weight-bear) on it. Ice the affected area regulurly especially on those high pain days!