Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

On line pharmacies?

Posted by Buck T. on 6/23/04 at 16:15 (153784)

Hello everyone: Am taking celebrex for pf and other prescriptions for mild hypertension and colesterol. Expenses growing. Can someone recommend online pharmacy? Live in Texas and Mexico not far away. Heard prescriptiosn cheaper in Mexico and Canada.

Thanks, Buck

Re: On line pharmacies?

john h on 6/24/04 at 12:15 (153828)

Canada or Mexico much cheaper Buck if you live near the border.

Janice N on 6/24/04 at 23:05 (153878)

I get some of my meds from Drugstore.com. Much cheaper than pharmacies here in Texas. I dont have prescription coverage. I am on one med that cost $185. a month at a local store. At drugstore.com it was only going to be $155. Plus I use a discount card called TogetherRx. So it went down to $116. It is worth a look. My inhalers were $29. for one again at a local store. And at drugstore.com it cost that much for three. So take a look.

john h on 6/25/04 at 11:54 (153912)

Janice if you are near a border town many many people buy name brand meds in Mexico just like in Canada for a fraction of the local cost. I think many meds you can get a 90 day supply or more prescribed so it could make economic sense if you were some place like Harlingen or or even San Antonio.

Janice N on 6/26/04 at 05:36 (153958)

I am not in a situation where I can get down the street to the local drugstore most of the time. But if I were I would go to Mexico for medication needs.
I have many other health issues for a number of yrs.

Buck T. on 6/27/04 at 19:43 (154055)

Thanks, John. Think you are right. Was wondering if someone had e-mail address in Mexico I could send prescriptions to. Am a little afraid of crossing border with prescriptions, but maybe that's okay. Will look into it.

Sincerely, Buck

Buck T. on 6/27/04 at 19:44 (154056)

Hi Janice: Will give the this a try. Thanks, Buck

john h on 6/28/04 at 18:33 (154097)

Buck: I lived in Harlingen for a year and went to Matamoras regularly. No problems. Nice people. That was many years ago maybe things are different now.

john h on 6/28/04 at 18:39 (154099)

I got my new custom and casted orthotics several days ago. I would say they are a notch below semi rigid. Have a deeper heel cup than my old ones and definitely feel better than my old ones. These may be the best feeling orthotics out of about 10 pair I have had and they only cost $97.00. The PT placed a little posting in the forefoot to try to stop some of my over pronation. From looking at my old orthotics (semi rigid) I definitely over pronate as the top pad is worn off right where my foot hurts (on the inside of the foot where the fascia connects to the heel. The padding was gone in that area. The materail on the new orthotic is not a plastic but some substance I am not familiar with. Will let you know after about two weeks of wearing them.

Buck T. on 6/29/04 at 19:18 (154176)

Okay, John. Will give it a try. Will have a margarita while I'm there for you. Thanks for the come back.

Sincerely, Buck