Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just got injection, pain worse than ever

Posted by phil on 6/23/04 at 16:43 (153785)

Well I had it about 3 hours ago, and the injections themselves did not hurt very much, but now the pain is worse than its ever been.

My doc said it might be sore for a day or so, but is this what he meant? Did anyone experience this at all?

Re: Just got injection, pain worse than ever

Audrey H. on 6/24/04 at 11:01 (153822)

My experience has been that I do not get immediate relief but do feel improvement within 24 hours. For me, though the actual shots may not be acutely painful, the injection site and the needle path is extremely tender for as much as 3-4 days.

I hope you're feeling better today.

Janice N on 6/24/04 at 22:58 (153877)

I have had injectons to my neck, shoulder, knees, coccyx and feet. Not one time did it feel better that same day. In fact I felt bad. But in a day or two
I always felt better. With my shoulder I could hardly move without horrible pain. I went to have an EMG a day or so later and the dr who did the test was very mad because I couldnt move my shoulder without severe pain. Now why he was so ad I don't know. He didn't do the injection and wasnt feeling the pain. Only once was the shot not to painful and that was the last one I had done on my knee 2 1/2 yrs ago. I think steroids do a nunber on me no matter how they get in my body. I just hate them. But sometimes no other choice. But with the knee I begged the dr to inject my knee before he did the MRI. I was in so much pain the three minute ride to the drs office in the car with my knee bend almost made me pass out. Never thought I would see the day I would ask to have a needle painfullly stuck in my knee. Anyway hang in there and hopefully it will be better.

Linda V. on 6/25/04 at 17:19 (153932)

Oh yeah. Same here. And the first injection KILLED. Was better in 2 days for about a week, and then started coming back but not as severe as before injection. My doc said this is textbook case. Next injection did not hurt as much, same pattern, but a little better. Had my last one 3 weeks ago. All in all, I am about 60% better. Now I have to keep working on my habits...stretching, icing, never going barefoot, etc....because..
Good luck,