Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

irregular wear on my shoes

Posted by jorde30 on 6/25/04 at 14:06 (153925)

I'm having some very irregular wear on my shoes as of late. I believe it's from my step somehow. After a month or so, it ends up the I'm walking on the outsides of my foot.

Basically, on my right foot, the right half of the sole is wearing down fast, and the opposite for the left. I keep looking places and see things for flat feet that look like they cure the opposite problem. Is there anything out there to 'flatten' my step. Right now it seems that i'm only walking on the outside of my foot.

Also, I've tried a number of types of shoe, and the problem is always the same...it's becoming a problem since i have new shoes all the time, and resole my boots a lot.

Re: irregular wear on my shoes

Terri on 6/26/04 at 08:59 (153968)

I'm not a dr, but the best suggestion I can make is to have a dr evaluate your gait to see why you are getting the uneven wear. It's possible a set of orthotics will correct the problem. Are you having any foot problems? (i.e. pain, cramping, burning)