Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NIKE AIR SHOCKS

Posted by Rachael T. on 6/26/04 at 10:14 (153976)

Has anyone tried yet the Nike Air Shocks with the 'heel springs' that are visible from the outside....looks kinda like the Z-coil heel on the z-coil shoes....??? Give me your opinons....especially - Our Resident C-Peds!! I especially await your reply. Thanks!

Re: NIKE AIR SHOCKS

Richard, C.Ped on 6/28/04 at 07:50 (154067)

I don't care for those or Z-coils. It's just a personal opinion.

RACHAEL T. on 6/28/04 at 11:24 (154080)

Hi Richard! In saying that you don't care for those z-coils.....does that also mean that you don't like the Nike Air Shox? I am in Brooks presently but am always searching for the RIGHT shoe & insert to allow me more 'foot time!' Thanks in advance for replying.

Tim M on 7/02/04 at 16:35 (154411)

Rachael T:

I'm not a C-Ped, but I've had PF for almost 24 years and have tried every therapy short of surgery.

Z-Coils work for me. I'm not familiar with this new Nike shoe you are referring to, but it seems to me if one of the biggest shoe manufacturers in the world is using a similar, spring-loaded support concept to the Z-Coil well ...

Where there's smoke might there not also be fire?

-- T

John from MN on 7/05/04 at 14:41 (154540)

I love Nike running shoes, the problem is they tend to run too narrow and I can never fit my orthotics inside the shoe. Since they are only good for 500 miles anyway I would give them a chance.

bob on 7/18/04 at 18:09 (155780)

i think the z coil suck the springs standards dont stand up like the nike they will shock you tim