Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Achilles problems

Posted by Dorothy on 6/29/04 at 16:27 (154167)

For any of you who are having Achilles tendon problems, as I am, here is a website that I thought was both informative but also (slight warning here) somewhat graphic at some points.
Does anybody here have any really proven, successful things to recommend for Achilles tendon problems?? Lotsa pain here today - probably related to some unplanned for hill walking over the weekend. I am very worried about rupture occurring because of what is becoming a long-standing, but intermittent, Achilles-pain condition. Advice/recommendations?

Here's the link: http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp09009.htm

Re: Achilles problems

Mike W on 6/29/04 at 17:16 (154171)

Hello Dorothy,

Have you been performing exercises 9 and 10? Also try moving your feet in clockwise and anticlockwise circles with your Foot Trainers on the top of your feet.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike W

Re: Achilles problems

Dorothy on 6/30/04 at 09:56 (154211)

Thank you, Mike W. - I haven't been doing them because of many unusual demands lately. I did spend two - almost consecutive - days riding in a car for over eight hours each way, interspersed with walking on sidewalks in very hilly and steep areas, carrying some heavy loads - and the like.
All 'systems were go' for some repercussions from all that - and thus it is so. Not to mention the emotional distresses recently, if we follow Dr. Sarno.... All things considered, I've ended up pretty hobbled yesterday and today. So here I go, back to the Foot Trainers per your recommendation for exercises 9 and 10 as you described. Thank you for your considerate response. I appreciate it.