Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need some help on plantar and hammer toe

Posted by teresa on 6/30/04 at 17:07 (154282)

Well here I am again asking all yall good people for some advice. I went back to my Doctor today and he gave me another cortisone injection which makes 4 in about 6 to 7 weeks with no help. It seems like my hammer toe is just as bad as my plantar fascitis which he is not treating. I am getting so tired of this pain. I am going to get a second opinion on the 14th of July. I hope he helps me my doctor now says something about doing ewst dont know about that yet. Ive been off work with this since the 5-17-04 dont know when I will be able to go back he says I can go back when I feel like I can do it but Im not no better then when I first went to see him and he took me off work. I went to the mall with my kids over the weekend had to sit down every 15 minutes for the pain by the time I got home my foot was swelled really bad any kind of help will be appreciated or any kind of advice. Thank You

Re: Need some help on plantar and hammer toe

john h on 6/30/04 at 21:44 (154298)

teresa from all I have read three shots in a year should be about max as the cortisone causes a breakdown in the tissue/fascia where it is injected. This can lead to rupture of the fascia, tendon, etc.