Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

open plantar fasciotomy and bone spur removal sugery

Posted by jenna on 7/01/04 at 01:02 (154304)

i had that surgery june 9th, i had the stitches removed 10 days later, im still wearing a bandage over the incision just to keep it safe, its ok but it still hurts when air hits it, is it safe to leave bandage off? should the incision still be stinging and hurting and throbbing? how long will the numbness last? when i stretch my leg out i get this horrible pain in my heel! thank you!

Re: open plantar fasciotomy and bone spur removal sugery

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/02/04 at 13:58 (154405)

Jenna,

These are all questions you should be asking your surgeon!

jen on 7/06/04 at 08:08 (154591)

i did ask my doctor, i was just getting a second opinion! gosh doctor your so nice NOT!

Pauline on 7/06/04 at 08:31 (154593)

Jen,
I commend Dr. Wander for his answer to you because he's not practicing medicine via the internet. How can you in all honesty expect a doctor to render the answer to your medical question or as you put it 'give you a second opinion' without seeing and examining you, or knowing your case history? Good medical opinions don't come via the internet unless an emergency medical crew is on the other end telling the doctor visibly what is going on or at the very least you were his patient.

My next question for you would be: Is an internet answer, to your medical question, from someone you don't even know an answer you're willing to base your health on?

For all you know, anyone could be on the other end of your post answering your questions, fortunately Dr. Wander is a 'real' Podiatrist and to be quite honest with you one that I respect on this website for many reasons one being the way he practices medicine, his honesty, and the fact that he doesn't have the need to market himself or his practice.

Instead of being angry, be grateful. Dr. Wander has done you a favor. If you need a second opinion you should certainly SEE a second doctor one that can actually examine you, your medical records and tests and then render an honest opinion.

Dorothy on 7/06/04 at 12:27 (154614)

Your response to Dr. Wander is misplaced rudeness. He offers very clear, direct and - in my opinion from my reading and experience - knowledgable, intelligent responses. Pauline stated my feelings exactly - second opinions on the internet - please.

jenna on 7/06/04 at 13:33 (154620)

im sorry dr. david, please forgive me! thank you for helping. im sorry again!