Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Mike W./Foot Trainers

Posted by Dorothy on 7/01/04 at 11:40 (154324)

WHAT???!!!! You are giving away Foot Trainers because someone was skeptical???!!! Someone implied your products were overpriced, not worth it, etc etc etc. I sang the praises of the Foot Trainers and by association of you - and you send the nay-sayer a free set of Foot Trainers???? WHAT???? HUH???? I repeatedly praise the Foot Trainers here and I even bought two sets because I was afraid one would break and you might not be in business and I worried about not having them at some time in the future - and I offer counter-arguments about the product to the person you are now giving a free set of Foot Trainers to??? HUH???!!! WHAT???!!! You should have had me on retainer!!! Instead, you give the negator a free set??!!

Notice to Mark L: THIS is what bitter and unhappy looks like. NOW I AM bitter and unhappy!!

Ok - attention Dansko, New Balance, Brooks, FootSmart, Sierra Trading, etc etc etc etc: I have praised your products/services/businesses -
But now I'm skeptical - I can find shoes/products like yours at WalMart or TJ Maxx or Goodwill for much less. I will henceforth advise people that you are too expensive and your stuff doesn't look like it's worth what you are charging - Oh, never mind.

Re: To Mike W./Foot Trainers

Pauline on 7/02/04 at 07:51 (154372)

I take it your joking of course. I not only purchased two of Mike's foot trainers, but I also sent one as a gift to a friend.

Just as the servant that started to work late in the day and was still paid a full days wage by the Master, Mike too has the right to give away his product to the skeptic while selling it to us.

Ah, but there is always next time with the next product:*

john h on 7/02/04 at 10:48 (154387)

I bought one of Mike's foot trainers when he first started selling them. I did no use it often or give it a fair chance so gave it to one our board members. I should have kept it. It always reminded me of a General's crop and gave me a feeling of power when I carried it around.

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/03/04 at 15:56 (154466)

I view the Foot Trainers as a means to an end -- a device that will get patients on an exercise program. Like a lot of exercise devices, there may not be anything special beyond giving people a set of instructions, a program, motivation to accomplish a set of exercises that can be beneficial. If using such a device has the end result of getting people to do a good set of exercises, then that is where the value is found...

Dorothy on 7/03/04 at 16:03 (154468)

It seems to me that what you describe would be true of any method or tool that reduces pain and increases the perception of ability to be more mobile, whether through improved strength, flexibility or, again, pain reduction. Anything we do - surgery, ESWT, medicines, whatever it is - would have as its ultimate end improved health and closer approximation to a healthy state wherein one can exercise and do all the activities of a full and active life. It is also the difference one can read here between a poster who wants a shoe or other device (end point) versus one who wants a shoe or device that will enable him/her run or walk or work or play again. Your point is well taken.