Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

First show of the summer

Posted by Lori S. on 7/05/04 at 01:15 (154510)

and I survived. My daugher did well. WE had our open show 7/3(not 4-H, but we also belong to northern nevada Jr. holstein association) It was a long hard week on my feet. And today the 4th of July was our yearly community service Petting zoo at the park. I never thought I would be buying a cow...... but we have. Its been a great thing for the whole family to be involved in. Thanks to all of you well wishers...... sometimes everything gets to you..... today is a better day....
Smiles and thanks,
Lorinda

Re: First show of the summer

marie on 7/05/04 at 14:32 (154539)

I have a feeling that cow is going to be a little spoiled. :)

Necee on 7/05/04 at 21:31 (154563)

Being raised on a farm in Texas, I've done the 'cow thing'. I raised one on a bottle, and guess what! She became my pet, I named her Daisy, she lived the high life for 30 yrs. She was just the sweetest thing, would follow me around like a puppy.

Happy trails....

Necee

Suzanne D. on 7/06/04 at 12:27 (154613)

So glad things went well, Lorinda! Those projects that you do together as a family make lasting memories for everyone involved. I'm glad your feet allowed you to take part.

My daughters did not have animal projects, but the older one did the 4-H speeches, demonstrations, and talent shows. I remember all the work we did together getting her ready for those events. She then went into marching band, and her younger sister has been in show choir in high school. This is her last summer in Youth Theater. I don't know which was harder - taking her every day the 20 miles to practice or this year watching her pull out of the driveway on her own. (She was in a wreck in May which makes me more nervous!).

Have a good rest of the summer!
Suzanne :)

Re: First show of the summer TO;Necee

MARK L on 7/07/04 at 11:30 (154745)

After 30 years was your cow the guest of honor at a big BBQ celebration?

Re: First show of the summer TO;Necee

Necee on 7/08/04 at 23:59 (154901)

At that age Mark she would have been too tough to eat!

Happy trails....

Necee