Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Burning on Balls and Heels of Both Feet

Posted by Darlene on 7/05/04 at 10:01 (154526)

Do most people with TTS have burning on the bottom of their feet? Mine are burning, but also red and sore on the weight bearing areas (ball heel and outside of arch).

Please let me know if you have similar symptoms or any thoughts. Also - what helps you?

Thank you.

Re: Burning on Balls and Heels of Both Feet

LARA on 7/05/04 at 19:03 (154551)

That was the most significant symptoms I had. When it was really bad I got undifferentiated pain on the top of my foot, but if I hadn't been so stubburn and swear that I wouldn't succomb to whatever was happening I never would have known about that symptom. I don't know if my feet were red or not. I couldn't tell you if they were sore through the burning!

Carol D on 7/05/04 at 19:36 (154553)

Yes, a burning sensation was a primary symptom for me. It became nearly unbearable. I used neurontin for some relief of this pain. I ultimately had surgery to remove a Schwanoma tumor on the nerve (diagnosed by an MRI) and am now free of symptoms. Good luck.

wendyn on 7/05/04 at 22:56 (154569)

Darlene, many people with TTS have buring on their feet, but TTS is not known to cause red feet.

Are you diabetic?

Darlene on 7/06/04 at 13:49 (154621)

Thanks for responding.

No I don't have diabetes. I have never had any of these problems prior to the morton's neuroma surgery. I'm going crazy now not knowing how to fix all these secondary problems.

Claire on 7/07/04 at 10:26 (154730)

Hi Darlene. I also have had problems since the neuroma surgery. How long ago was your nueroma operation?

Darlene on 7/08/04 at 10:31 (154844)

Claire:

My surgery was late January.

What kind of neuroma surgery did you have? Mine was just a ligament release - the nerve is still intact.

Darlene

Claire on 7/08/04 at 13:23 (154860)

Hi Darlene. Mine was the Mortons Neuroma operation, where they cut the end of the nerve. How did you know there something wrong with your ligaments? Do certain tests show this? Have you had any TTS tests performed since your operation?

Darlene on 7/08/04 at 14:22 (154865)

Claire:

Actually there was nothing wrong with my ligaments until the surgery. The surgery was intended to cut the ligament that puts pressure on the neuroma. Then the neuroma is supposed to shrink down. If you Google Koby Surgical you will find all the details. It was definitely not a success for me and I'm not sure if it was the procedure or the podiatrist.